For some time, Van der Valk Hotel Leusden has shown awareness of the environment and this is evident in our daily operations. Several initiatives and actions have been implemented to reduce waste production and water consumption and reduce paper usage too.
In October 2012 we received the Green Key Gold certification, reflecting environmental responsibility at Van der Valk Hotel Leusden. A beautiful result and also the highest. The Green Key is an international standard for businesses in the tourism and leisure industry that show a serious and verifiable process of corporate environmental management.
Several initiatives have been implemented at Van der Valk Hotel Leusden:
- Housekeeping and hotel rooms
Consciously dealing with change of linen and towels.
Water saving in the bathroom.
LED and energy-saving lamps available.
- Decrease internal paper use
The paper used at Van der Valk Hotel Leusden is printed double sided.
Brochures, leaflets and other printed matter and invoices are printed on paper with an international eco-label.
Confirmations and invoicing is sent by email as much as possible.
- Separation of Waste
All waste is separated at Van der Valk Hotel Leusden and separately returned.
Within Van der Valk Hotel Leusden we continuously pay attention to the environmental performance of our employees. Internally, everyone is aware that we can make an important contribution to an ecologically friendly environment.
Want more information about the Green Key label? Look here.
Van der Valk Hotel Leusden meets the following aspects:
- We actively contribute to the development of our field and the transfer of our knowledge to others who want to learn the trade.
- We inform our relationships (customer / client, enjoyed box and suppliers) about our CSR.
- We make clear agreements with the customer / client and / or suppliers about the quality of our services and monitor the quality we deliver.
- We determine the social impact of our services and limit them as much as possible as far as the negative impact such as fraud, intimidation, exploitation and child labor.
- We monitor the continuity of our company as an employer and we take care precautions in case we have to deal with loss of income.
- We provide a voluntary contribution to social causes through donations and sponsorship or volunteering.
- We continuously work to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
- We continuously work on improving our own procurement process when it comes to purchasing (office) materials and services with an environmental and / or social labeling.